While we continue to wait for more guidance and clarification from our state officials in the Governor’s office and the Board of Directors at OHSAA, here is the plan for Louisville HS as of 8:30 am, Friday, July 31, 2020. This is subject to change or be altered at any moment. We will do our best to update everyone as soon as we are notified of any changes. Thanks for your understanding.
The Louisville High School Fall Sports season is scheduled to officially begin this upcoming week. The first official day/time for each sport is as follows:
- Volleyball – Monday, August 3, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm in the Louisville High School gym. Athletes will enter Door #5 and proceed to the gym.
- Varsity, JV and Freshman – Saturday, August 1, 7:00 am – 11:00 am in the stadium
- Girls Soccer – Monday, August 3, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm on the grass field
- Boys Soccer – Monday, August 3, 5:00-7:00 in the stadium
- Girls Cross Country – Monday, August 3, 8:00 am at Metzger Park
- Boys Cross Country – Monday, August 10, 8:00 am at the Metzger Park pavilion
- Girls Golf – Saturday, August 1, 3:30 – 5:30 pm at The Quarry
- Boys Golf – Saturday, August 1, 11:00 am at Sleepy Hollow
- Girls Tennis – Saturday, August 1, 8:00 am – 10:00 am at Louisville HS Tennis Courts
The number of athletes that arrive on the first day for each sport will determine the days and times for the remainder of the week.
All sports teams will be required to follow certain protocols due to the Covid-19 pandemic. These protocols are in place to create the safest possible environment for the athletes and coaches. This information will be provided to athletes on the first day of tryouts/practice. These protocols are unique to each individual sport, team and level and are based on a variety of factors such as:
- The dynamics of the space in which the tryout/practice is taking place.
- The number of athletes that are participating
- How the tryout/practice is structured including the types of drills that are being conducted.
To be able to participate in any athletic related activities, all athletes must:
- Wear a mask to and from all sport-related activities. This includes when entering and exiting all facilities.
- Bring their own personal water. The amount of water should be based on the type of workout along with whether or not the workout is taking place indoors or outdoors. For example, conditioning outdoors in the heat may require the athlete to bring more water to stay hydrated. A personal towel to use for wiping perspiration is also suggested.
- Arrive wearing the proper workout attire. The athlete should make sure to dress sport-appropriate. An athlete’s gear/attire can have an impact on how he/she performs. For example, a football player with cleats will run and cut better than an athlete wearing gym shoes. A volleyball player wearing knee pads will likely be more apt to dive for a ball. These are all factors that should be taken into consideration.
- We also recommend that athletes leave all valuables at home due to the fact that lockers will not be available at this time.
- Have their online paperwork completed in Final Forms. Please visit https://louisville-oh.finalforms.com/ for more information. Feel free to contact the Athletic Department if you need assistance – 330-875-5011.
- Have an up-to-date physical by the start of the season on August 1, 2020. Physical forms can be accessed by going to https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/sportshub2-uploads-prod/files/sites/1729/2020/05/28204123/2020-2021-Athletic-Physical-form.pdf .
We understand that we are dealing with a very unique situation so we are prepared to adapt should the need arise.
Best of luck to all of our Fall Sport Athletes, Teams and Coaches. GO LEOPARDS!