- Here is the latest information and advice for spring sports athletes.
A MANDATORY no-contact period is in effect for all school-sponsored sports March 17-April 5, 2020. Additionally, there will be a mandatory shut down of facilities used for the purpose of conducting athletic activities from March 17-April 5, 2020.
- The OHSAA has POSTPONED (not cancelled) the season. Do not practice or workout with your AAU/Club/summer team for the same sport in the same season. It will cause you to be ineligible if/when spring sports resume.
- There are to be no practices, scrimmages or games from March 15 through April 5.
- All Louisville City Schools indoor and outdoor facilities are CLOSED during the duration of the school closings. Please do not attempt to utilize or access them beginning March 15.
- No group practices or work-outs are permitted to be organized, directed, or encouraged regardless of location.
- Athletes should continue to train on their own and be ready to go as early as April 6. Our coaches may have assembled some suggestions for individual strength, speed, and agility training. Continue to track your daily workout routine in an attempt to help you remain focused on staying fit during the shutdown. In the event of a prolonged delay continue to stay strong!
- When the return to school becomes imminent, the Louisville athletic director and your coaches will work on creating an abbreviated schedule that ensures our games/matches are contested.
- Tentatively the plan is: IF we return to school April 6, we will practice through April 10, and be allowed to start games Saturday April 11.